
Poppy, the State Fair Mascot
Mitchell is the only one of our kids that likes the animals

Hollywood in Sacramento!
I don't know why I love the California State Fair so much. I guess it's because we used to go with my parents and Sacramento grandparents when we were young. I really only remember 3 things: the stinky animals (we have photos of us with shirts tied over our noses), Crystal Gayle performing "Don't it Make My Brown Eyes Blue", and sitting through the snazzy cooking demo and Mom's purchase of the "Amazing" Osterizer blender. The strawberry/banana/celery/kitchen sink smoothie sample was deeeelicious to us kids, and we couldn't believe that our ultra-practical mother would purchase something so fancy and luxurious! Well, I guess she knew a good product when she saw one because that thing lasted FOREVER - probably 20+ years; it may still be in her garage today.
We spent the day with the kids and my parents doing the very same things - stinky animals and cooking demos, but no Crystal Gayle (is she still alive?). This year's theme was "Hollywood" so we took lots of cheesey pictures!
They wish...
They don't know James Dean, but they know how to be COOL!
Daddy is cool, too
Mitchell was asleep when we took this one :(
Waaaaay up high!
No comments:
Post a Comment